Access to Critical Energy Infrastructure Information
The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) has classified certain information as Critical Energy Infrastructure Information or CEII. This information may not be disseminated except to people with a legitimate interest who have signed a non-disclosure agreement.
CEII is defined as “specific engineering, vulnerability, or detailed design information about proposed or existing critical infrastructure (physical or virtual) that:
- Relates details about the production, generation, transmission, or distribution of energy;
- Could be useful to a person planning an attack on critical infrastructure;
- Is exempt from mandatory disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act; and
- Gives strategic information beyond the location of the critical infrastructure.
If you are seeking access to information cited on this website or otherwise held by VELCO that is designated as CEII, you may request access in these ways:
- Download a copy of the CEII Request Form and returning it by email or US Postal Service
- Contact VELCO with additional questions
For more information about rules governing CEII: